Mission & Vision
Postpartum Support Virginia’s MISSION is to help new and expectant mothers and their families overcome anxiety, depression, and other perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMADs).
Postpartum Support Virginia’s VISION is that all childbearing women in Virginia will receive information about perinatal mood and anxiety disorders (PMADs) and have access to help.
Postpartum Support Virginia is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization headquartered in Arlington VA.
Postpartum Support Virginia provides:
Support for new and expectant mothers:
- One-on-one support via telephone, email, and social media
- Social support through free peer-led support groups
Resources and information for new mothers and their families:
- Books and websites
- Information about mental health professionals and postpartum resources
Outreach and education:
- Fact Sheets, Information Cards, posters, and more
- Information and training sessions