Grief and Loss
Grief and Loss
Families affected by the loss of a child may need special resources.
- The Compassionate Friends is a national organization offering friendship, understanding, and hope for families grieving the death of a child.
- DMV PAIL (Pregnancy and Infant Loss Network) is a Facebook community for pregnancy and infant loss in the DC-MD-VA area
- First Candle offers grief counseling 24/7 along with other resources for grieving families.
- Life After Miscarriage, Perinatal Loss, and Stillbirth is a volunteer based organization providing community support and monthly meetings to families after the death of a child from any cause.
- MISS Foundation is a volunteer based organization providing C.A.R.E. [counseling, advocacy, research, and education] services to families experiencing the death of a child.
- Miscarriage, Infant, Stillborn is a parent led support network offering information, support, and comfort to grieving parents who have experienced the death of their baby during pregnancy or after birth. MIS also provides an extensive listing of additional resources.
- National Share offers support, services, and information for parents struggling with loss during pregnancy or early childhood.
- Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep trains, educates, and mobilizes professional quality photographers to provide beautiful heirloom portraits to families facing the untimely death of an infant.
- Star Legacy Foundation provides live, online support groups for families who have experienced a perinatal loss and for individuals experiencing a pregnancy after a loss.