And just like that, it’s 2020! Can you believe it? I certainly can’t! But even as we look to the year ahead, I am filled with gratitude to the PSVa community for all we achieved in the year we’ve left behind.
In fact, just last month we raised over $10,000 from our Giving Tuesday campaign! That money will help so many women in Virginia receive the help and resources that they so desperately need when facing challenges during and after pregnancy. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your generosity.
Now, if you browse through social media as I do, you’ve probably noticed quite a few people posting their “Top 9” moments of 2019. We’ve had such a memorable and successful year, seeing this made me wonder what our “Top 9” would be:
– Raised over $60,000 via direct, individual donations.
– Helped hundreds of women and their families through support groups.
– Answered over 300 Warm Line calls and helped callers receive the resources they needed.
– Brought on 6 new team members to help further expand our outreach.
– Taught Social Support Training classes throughout the state of Virginia, and are hosting the first Social Support Trainings of 2020 in -Charlottesville and Newport News!
– Created new trainings and programs for hospitals and support staff.
– Created new and strategic relationships with other mental health organizations.
– Launched new Maternal Mental Health Coalitions in Charlottesville and Loudoun County.
– Designed new, strategic initiatives for 2020!
If you read through that list carefully enough, you’ll notice that I added our plans for 2020 in there! I’m truly excited with our plans to expand the types of and access to resources for recovery from PMADs for the women of Virginia. Be on the lookout for more outreach from me later this month/early February, and also all over our social media channels like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
I’ll be in touch soon. In the meantime, on behalf of all of us at PSVa, we wish you a Happy, Healthy, Hopeful and Helpful New Year.
With Warmth and Gratitude,